Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
You can visit the website of ProPilotWorld.com, LLC without revealing any personal information. However, ProPilotWorld needs certain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) if you wish to register for a member account or use certain ProPilotWorld.com services.
During registration, the following Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is required for a membership account:
• Your Full Name as indicated on your Pilot Certificate
• You current email address
ProPilotWorld will only use this information to reply to your inquiries, set up your membership account, provide you with requested services, and contact you regarding your account.
ProPilotWorld does NOT require or collect any data regarding a users racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; processing of genetic data; biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; health; sex life or sexual orientation.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
The following information that is NOT Personally Identifiable Information (PII) as it is general in nature may be collected (accuracy is at the members discretion) for Member Profile enhancement during registration and may be modified or deleted at any time by the user. This information is publicly displayed in the users profile and is visible to all members (with the exception of "Country of issuance of Pilot Certificate"):
• Segment of Industry
• Background (Civilian/Military/Both)
• Certificates (type and grade, not number)
• Country of issuance of Pilot Certificate
• Current position
• Aircraft (A/C) flown
• Total flight time
ProPilotWorld automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including:
• Your IP address
• Browser version
• Device type/model
• Operating system
• Cookie information
• Length of visit, page views, website navigation and any other related browsing activity
ProPilotWorld.com as well as any associated websites and sub-domains, use small text files called cookies to store information in your web browser. The information stored may include preferences, session identification, HTTP information, and IP address. You can set your browser to not receive cookies, but this may limit the functionality of or your ability to use ProPilotWorld.com and any associated websites and sub-domains.
IP addresses of computers used to visit ProPilotWorld.com and any associated websites and sub-domains are stored in our database. This includes when first registering for an account, managing your account details, writing a private or public message or performing any other action which results in data being transferred to or from your computer and the website in question. Your IP address is not visible to the public at any time.
What We do with the Information We Collect
ProPilotWorld uses the information we collect in the following ways:
• Internal record keeping
• Access to the ProPilotWorld.com website, associated websites and sub-domains
• Account management and verification
• Account reset
• Confirmation of email address for account verification
• Sending notices of account information, security alerts, and other relevant communications regarding your ProPilotWorld account
Information Sharing and Disclosure
ProPilotWorld does not disclose your Personal Identifiable Information (PII) or Non-Personal Information to third parties unless required to do so under one of the following conditions:
• We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose; or
• A law enforcement or regulatory agency at their request;
• We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process; or
• We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our website or defend the rights or property of ProPilotWorld.com, LLC, it's employees, shareholders or officers; or
• We find that your actions on our website violate the ProPilotWorld Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services offered by ProPilotWorld.com; or
• A person or company who acquires our business
How to Access your Personal Information
ProPilotWorld gives you the ability to edit your ProPilotWorld Account Information and preferences at any time via the User Control Panel (UserCP). If you discover any of the information ProPilotWorld holds for you is incorrect or incomplete and that you are unable to change the information yourself, please contact us as soon as possible at: Privacy@ProPilotWorld.com so the necessary changes can be made.
ProPilotWorld Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. It is the account holder's responsibility to be sure not to share or otherwise divulge the password to their ProPilotWorld.com account at anytime. Account passwords are encrypted in our database and are not accessible by the Administrator or staff of ProPilotWorld.com, if you lose or forget your password, we can reset it for you but are unable to retrieve your existing password. ProPilotWorld uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures. Further, ProPilotWorld retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above or as required by law. All data from ProPilotWorld.com and any associated websites or sub-domains is stored on commercially provided, enterprise grade servers in a secure data-center located in Dallas, Texas, USA.
Links to Other Websites
ProPilotWorld.com, any associated websites and sub-domains, may contain links to other websites, these websites may or may not be affiliated with ProPilotWorld.
Our service is not available to children under the age of 18, and we will not intentionally maintain information about anyone under the age of 18.
Questions, Suggestions or Complaints
- END -