Civilian
    Certificates
    Not enough
    Type Ratings
    A-320, ATR-42, ATR-72, B-777, CL-65
    Current Position
    Upper Bunk
    Aircraft Flown
    B-777, A-320, A-321, A-319, CRJ-700, CRJ-200, ATR-72, BE-9L, PC-12, and the usual assortment of light aircraft
    Total Flight Time

Thumbs up A ProPilotWorld career

Through the advice of a close friend and college classmate NC83515 I joined PPW in 2009 looking for career advancement. I was at a crossroad both personally and career wise as I had a lot of stuff going on with very little guidance. The PPW family immediately welcomed me with open arms and friendly banter of a new kid on the block. Shortly after joining I saw an ad for Seaport Airlines and the need for first officers, little did I know this would open the doors to my position today. Through the years I have had the honor and great pleasure of having lunch with many of the PPW members. I have learned from both young and old what it takes to be a great aviator but most of all I have gained a great network of friends and mentors.

From living with members okonokos and jsky26 to flying in crazy weather phenomena's with coffee2go and Avi8tor2 PPW has been the backbone of my career. Because of PPW members I went from a PC-12 driver to a B-777 driver in 5 years. I would have never in a million years expected to be where I am today as this is not the normal career progression for someone from a non aviation family. I want to say from the bottom of my heart thank you to the entire PPW community for making a dream come true and I encourage anyone who wants to enhance their career progression to join this wonderful community of professionals.

Go PPW or Go home!

FL450

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    DA-2EASY, DA-2000, CE-500
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-2000LXS, DA-2000LX, DA-2000EX EASy, DA-2000EX, DA-2000, CE-560U/E, CE-550, CE-501, other GA
    Total Flight Time

Re: A PPW career

Great testimonial Melvin and congrats on the positive career progression! Congrats!

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    Not enough
    Type Ratings
    A-320, ATR-42, ATR-72, B-777, CL-65
    Current Position
    Upper Bunk
    Aircraft Flown
    B-777, A-320, A-321, A-319, CRJ-700, CRJ-200, ATR-72, BE-9L, PC-12, and the usual assortment of light aircraft
    Total Flight Time

Re: A PPW career

Thanks Nate,

I just hope I am able to pay forward the generosity that has been bestowed upon me by the PPW community.