Civilian/Military
    Certificates
    ATP, A&P
    Type Ratings
    DA-50, DA-20, DA-EASy, DA-7X, G-V
    Current Position
    Lead
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-8X, G550, G-IV, DA-7X, DA-900LX, DA-900EX, DA-900B, DA-50, DA-50EX, DA-20, F-27, BE-90, DC-3, DHC-6, CE-402, CE-207
    Total Flight Time

Thumbs up ProPilotWorld.com Success Stories

If you found employment by networking on PPW or from a posting on this site, post your news here. The Yesss threads still apply.

Segment of Industry
    Aircraft Charter, Management, Maintenance, FBO
    Background
    Corporate, Charter, Airline and also an oboist in a past life!
    Certificates
    ATP, Comm SEL/SES, CFI/II/MEI
    Type Ratings
    B-737, CE-500, CE-525s, G-1159, SF-340, IA-JET, BAE-125, CL-300, EIEIO
    Current Position
    Still trying to figure that out
    Aircraft Flown
    Citation I, II, SII, Bravo, V, Ultra, Encore, Excel, CJ, CJ1, CJ2, CJ3, Mustang, Saab 340, Boeing 737, Gulfstream III, Westwind I/II, Hawker 1000, Challenger 300, PC-12, SR-22, R172K, etc...also some seaplanes, helicopters and a blimp
    Total Flight Time

Re: PPW Success Stories

I've hired three pilots due to contacts made at PPW.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI-A, CFI-I, CFI-ME (FAA Gold Seal - current), AGI/IGI
    Type Ratings
    GVII, G-V, DA-50, DA-20, DA-10, CE-650, LR-JET
    Current Position
    Aviation Manager - Gulfstream G600/G450
    Aircraft Flown
    Gulfstream G600/G550/G450/G-V, Falcon 900EX, Falcon 50EX/50, Falcon 20, Falcon 10, Citation 650 (III), Lear 35/55, BE-100/A100, CE-414A/421C
    Total Flight Time

During a recent period of unemployment (2 months) I picked up several contract trips via contacts made directly on PPW. In addition, I received a large handful of very good leads on full time positions.

Segment of Industry
    corporate
    Background
    91, 135
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    LR-JET, IA-JET, CE-500, CE-560XL, G-V, DA-2EASy, G-150, G-280
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    lots
    Total Flight Time

I have learned a great deal from talking to other members on all kinds of subjects. I think the biggest would be on runway performance. It is a subject that is taught wrong at many leading schools. Some talented individuals on this forum have done a wonderful job debunking the myths and showing the correct methods citing chapter and verse.

Segment of Industry
    The Best One
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP Single and Multiengine Land CFI, CFII, MEI
    Type Ratings
    BE-300, CE-500, CE-525S, BBD-700
    Current Position
    Who wants to know?!
    Aircraft Flown
    SR22, CE-208B, BE-300, CE-550B, CE-525B, BBD-700 + Various Trainers
    Total Flight Time

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I've hired three pilots due to contacts made at PPW.
    Me too. (High Five!)

Segment of Industry
    N/A
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    Comm Helo, CFI-Helicopter, CSEL/CMEL
    Type Ratings
    Do-328J SIC, Chief Bottle Washer
    Current Position
    None right now - former 121 Regional, former 135 Cargo, former 91 Traffic Watch.
    Aircraft Flown
    Helicopters and Airplanes
    Total Flight Time

While I haven't found a flying gig through PPW, I've met a number of great people in-person - folks like Falcon Capt (the Master Yugo driver), UAL78, English, Chperplt, Geronimo4443, DanS, wrxpilot, and others. Good, solid, down-to-earth people.

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP MEL, COMM SEL
    Type Ratings
    757/767/DC-10
    Current Position
    5Y 767
    Aircraft Flown
    Transport, G.A.
    Total Flight Time

The folks who post promos and job listings on PPW are the greatest.

Thanks!

Segment of Industry
    Major
    Background
    Civillian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI
    Type Ratings
    LR-JET, LR-60, CE-500, G-V, CL-600, B-737
    Current Position
    FO
    Aircraft Flown
    B-737, CL-601, G450, CE-560, Lear 60/35/25
    Total Flight Time

When I was invited to interview at my current position there was absolutely NO info around anywhere online that could provide insight to the position. I did find some past job listings here on PPW and a couple of members had replied that they knew the guy in charge. Through those two members I was able to get some valuable information that helped me in the interview.

Through PPW I have also been able to meet more local pilots, even learning one lives less than a mile from me. Our families have gotten together several times over the years now and helped each other out when needed.

Lots of people on here are willing to help with just about anything you would need.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Both
    Certificates
    ATP Multi, Comm Single, CFI, CFII
    Type Ratings
    DA-7X, DA-2EASY, DA-EASY, DA-2000, CE-500, CE-525, EMB-505, HS-125
    Current Position
    Corporate Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    Some slower than others
    Total Flight Time

I have learned so much from the technical discussions on PPW. The membership fee is nothing compared to the wealth of information and contacts I've made on this site. PPW... Pilots helping pilots!!!

Segment of Industry
    Pt 91
    Background
    Both
    Certificates
    ATP AMEL, CP ASEL, PP ASES A&P
    Type Ratings
    CE-500, CE-525S BE1900, BE300, SA227, DC-9 SIC, LJ45 SIC
    Current Position
    "I fly airplanes" ;)
    Aircraft Flown
    A-6E/KA-6D, T-34C, T-2C, TA-4J, DC-9, MD-80, Citation Bravo/Ultra/Encore+/CJ2, BE90, LJ45, BE20, BE350, BE190, BE80, BE58, C206, C208, C210, C414A, SA227, PAY1, PA32, PA34, lots of other bug smashers.
    Total Flight Time

I found a job, found out information on another, and have learned a lot about the sectors of our profession that I haven't been involved in (Pt 91 corporate, among others). I like to think that I've been able to help some fellow pilots with information about Africa and bush flying, and have enjoyed the general camaraderie that exists on this forum, which isn't prevalent on any of the other aviation forums on the internet.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFIAIM
    Type Ratings
    DA-EASY, DA-50, CE-500, G280, GVII
    Current Position
    Captain 900B, EX and G280
    Aircraft Flown
    Falcon 900EX EASy, Falcon 900EX, Falcon 900B, Gulfstream 280, Falcon 50, CE-560, EMB-145/135, SF340B, Be-90, and various GA piston driven light aircraft.
    Total Flight Time

When I was laid off in 2010 I was able to book multiple contracts through leads either given to me by PPW members or through ads in the job section. Because of those contracts, I was able to pay for my first daughter's birth AND keep a roof over our heads. Also, during that time while I was working as a contract pilot (9months), I was able get leads on full time jobs from PPW members that led to 5 interviews, one of which ended up offering me my current job.

When a co-worker and PPW member was about to be laid off, he too found his next and current job here - actually working for a PPW member.

Can't say enough good things about the people here. Thanks PPW!

Segment of Industry
    135 Operation
    Background
    Cargo, Charter
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI
    Type Ratings
    SD-3, CE-500, DC-9
    Current Position
    First Officer
    Aircraft Flown
    CE-500, SD-3, B-99, DC-9
    Total Flight Time

PPW member Chris Smith gave me some suggestions on my resume and advised me to go to the X-Mas gathering this past December to network. I had the opportunity to meet several members, and through one of them, I got a contract flight with potential for more work. It was a great opportunity put a face to 25 screen names. I felt very encouraged by the members that I met. I am still looking for a permanent position and PPW is helping me through the process.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Somewhat Checkered
    Certificates
    It's now plastic, those rat bastards made me trade the paper one in!
    Type Ratings
    Check
    Current Position
    Dazed and confused DOA
    Aircraft Flown
    Some props, some props that whine, and some jets.
    Total Flight Time

I like so many was dealt a bad hand in '08/'09. I found myself back to burning avgas and I felt fortunate to be able to do that. Little did I know how much a seemingly insignificant event like going to a PPW dinner a year earlier would mean. Among other people I met FalconCaptain, ERAUGrad, Garfish, Shadowflight, and Ryan120. G159Av8tor was there as well and was on the other side of the table. Since there was nearly 20 of us, I did not get much of a chance to talk to Aaron. We did continue to PM after that event, were later based at the same field, and we caught up with each other at another PPW dinner a couple of years later. Aaron's flight department closed and we kept throwing ideas at one another and we weren't about to let life kick us upside the head. Fast forward another year and G159 gave me a chance to join his team back in the Jet-A world. I will always be grateful for what has been afforded me through PPW and contacts made through this site.

There are many people that I consider to be my friend that are on this site. Many of these people I knew before PPW or have met through the profession. That said, the greatest asset from PPW to me is the life long friendships that I have gained through meeting people on this site. G159, ERAUGrad, Easydoesit, Dep676, just to name a few. Jobs last months, years, and for a few lucky people maybe a decade or more. Good friendships last forever and that's truly the success story of this site.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate, Fractional, Charter, Training
    Background
    General Aviation, corporate flying, instructor piloting, flight department operations and management.
    Certificates
    ATP, COMM, CFI-AIME
    Type Ratings
    CE-500, CE-525S, CE-560XL, CE-650, CL-60, DA-50, DA-2000
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    CE-500/550(B), CE-525(A), CE-560XL, CE650, CL-60, DA-900B, DA-2000,
    Total Flight Time

PPW is a GREAT source for networking. The information gained from this site has been extremely useful to myself and others. You just can't get that from the other sites. Knowledge is power. I myself had NOT done a great deal of networking in the past. I wished that I had!!!!! You can NEVER have too many friends in this business. It is rare that you get a job or position without knowing someone in this business. A friend of a friend of a friend, goes a long way in helping your career. You are less than six degrees of separation in this business. Remember this, it's not what you know, it's who you know. That being said, you better know the WHAT, or else you will be deemed insignificant. PPW'ers are some of the best resources in aviation. We come from all walks of life. The experience that wells from this site is tremendous.

Segment of Industry
    Cargo/Pax Charter
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    Atp Comm MEL IFR
    Type Ratings
    DA 20 DC9SIC
    Current Position
    DA 20 capt
    Aircraft Flown
    DC9 DA20 BE 58 Pa 31-350 C208 C172 C182 C152 C310
    Total Flight Time

4 years ago I was laid off with no real prospects of employment, no atp, no jet time. Connected with yip on ppw and was invited to interview with a bunch of 10000 hr super pilots. Probably wouldn't have got even a phone call had it not been for that networking opportunity. Must've interviewed well because Three years later I'm still at the same job but as a captain in a jet.

Segment of Industry
    Airline
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    A-320, CE-500, CRJ, 737
    Current Position
    Just trying to make it to retirement
    Aircraft Flown
    Beech 99, CRJ, A-320, Citation, 737
    Total Flight Time

I haven't landed a job through PPW (yet), but the insight and experience found on this forum have been helpful in more ways than one. Worth every penny!

Segment of Industry
    91/135
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    LR-45, BD-700, G-IV, LR-JET, Bae-4100, B-757, B-767
    Current Position
    Hunkered
    Aircraft Flown
    Aerostars, DC-9's including MD-80's, L-1011's, ATR's, DHC-8's, SA-227's, and a plethora of various flying machines.
    Total Flight Time

In 27 years of things being, well.... sorta… up in the air. This has been the best $12 bucks I have ever spent in regards to my aviation career.
    Last edited by RCRX; 01-05-2013 at 15:27:45.

Segment of Industry
    Overnight transport of consumable crap
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    B757/767, G-V, DA-EASY, HS-125, LR-60, LR-JET
    Current Position
    President of Hot Wheels
    Aircraft Flown
    B757, B767, G550, Falcon 900LX/EX, Hawker 900XP, Lear 24, 25, 31, 35, 55, 60, L-39
    Total Flight Time

About four and a half years ago I saw an ad on the Jobs forum that looked pretty good. Threw my stuff in was chosen for the position about 6 months later. Don't plan on leaving here unless they make me. That goes for PPW also.

BTW, this forum is worth every penny just for the ability to read and learn from ON CNTRLN.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI
    Type Ratings
    LR-JET, HS-125
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    Currently flying King Air F90
    Total Flight Time

Through contacts I made here on PPW, I was able to get a job much closer to home.

Segment of Industry
    Regional, Contract, Corporate, Freight
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    SA-227 EMB-145 CL-65
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    CRJ-700/900, ERJ-145, SA-227, BE-200/250, BE-90, BE-58, DA-42, PA-44, CE-172, J-3
    Total Flight Time

All the good jobs I held was through networking, and this site is excellent for it . This forum feels more professional compared to APC. I dont post much, because I am busy reading the vast information available here.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    CAA ATPL; FAA ATP
    Type Ratings
    BAe-146, SF-340, CE-560, CE-560XLS, CE-525S
    Current Position
    Very happy to be flying again.
    Aircraft Flown
    Assorted
    Total Flight Time

Am about to take a huge step out of the best job I have ever had into the job hunting side of life & have been watching the jobs forum closely for the last few months in preparation for this rather intimidating prospect. Thank you to Chris & PPW folks for all you do with the jobs forums.

I have recommended the site to numerous people because it is such a good source of information regarding employment opportunities, as well as places to be avoided.

I also find the technical advice very helpful when I've been looking for it.

And I've met some great people thru' the site.

Well worth the $s spent to stay as a member, even for a tight-fisted Scot

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    LR-60, CE-525S, CE-500, BE-300
    Current Position
    Chief Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    LR-60, CJ3, CE-560, CE-550, BE-300, BAe-146
    Total Flight Time

I've been on both sides of the interview table with PPW members. I found a new position here and then helped to backfill the vacancy at my previous employer with a fellow PPW member. A few years later, I hired a PPW member to join my department. Most recently, I was hired at my current employer through a PPW contact. So, you could say that PPW has had a positive impact on my aviation career.

Segment of Industry
    Major
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI, MEI
    Type Ratings
    A-320, B-737, B-757, B-767, CL-65
    Current Position
    Elevating
    Aircraft Flown
    A-321neo/320/319, B-737, B-757, B-767, CRJ-200/700/900, Pistons
    Total Flight Time

When I was looking for my first job following flight instruction, I met a lot of people who were invaluable. phx767 spoke with me on the phone (for hours on end for FREE) and helped with with technical interview prep I couldn't have gotten anywhere else. ResumeWriter wrote my resume!!! With help from these two and a few others, I got my first job with a regional airline. Their advice was above and beyond! Thanks to PPW, I met these people.

Thanks to the job postings I have my foot in the door and am still looking for my next place of work. Without PPW I wouldn't even know some jobs exist. PPW has also given me a breath of fresh air and (being serious here) has restored my faith in humanity a little bit! (at least with aviation professionals)

Segment of Industry
    Training
    Background
    Both
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI, II, MEI, A & P, Ground instructor
    Type Ratings
    G-IV, G-V, SF340b
    Current Position
    First officer, SAAB 340
    Aircraft Flown
    PA31, DO-328, EMB-120, G-IV, G450/V/550, SF340b
    Total Flight Time

Propilot World has helped me in the following ways...

Propilot World has helped me in the following ways...

It has helped me see what is going on in the Gulfstream community so I can tailor training to my clients.

It has let me know where jobs are...

The good and bad... what to watch out for...

and finally given me the chance to interact with some high quality people.

Sam

Segment of Industry
    Background
    91, 121, 135
    Certificates
    ATP MEL ATP SEL ATP SES
    Type Ratings
    CE-525S, HS-125, CL-604, A-320
    Current Position
    Gear Biatch
    Aircraft Flown
    PA31, C421, B200, CE525, MU300, BE400, LR60, HS125, CL604, DHC8, ERJ145, EMB170, A320
    Total Flight Time

The wealth of knowledge that is shared among all the members is priceless. I know many pilots that don't want to pay a measly $10 a year for a membership, but they'll go buy shots at a bar... Best $10 endless book of knowledge I have ever spent.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII, BGI, AGI
    Type Ratings
    Lr-Jet, HS-25, G-1159, G-IV, G-V
    Current Position
    Gulfstream 550 pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    BE-90. BE-200, BE-350, LR-24, 25 & 35, HS25-700, G-II, G-III (AC & DC), G-IV, G450, G-V, G550
    Total Flight Time

I only joined here recently after several good friends told me about this site. I have been unemployed since 4/12. I posted my availability to do contract work as well as my resume looking for FT work.
    I have yet to meet or speak to anyone from this site regarding either. Granted I've only been on this site for 5 weeks, I need to give it a little time.

Segment of Industry
    Regional
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATPL
    Type Ratings
    Fokker 50, SAAB 340
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    Fokker 50 SAAB 340 Metro III PA-31 Beach 99 Cessna 310
    Total Flight Time

Re: Has PPW helped you in some way???

I have got som nice advise here what company to apply to, but at the moment they don't have any vacancies.

Regards

Thomas

Segment of Industry
    Training
    Background
    both
    Certificates
    ATP MEL, Comm SEL
    Type Ratings
    B-767, B-757, BE-400, BE-1900
    Current Position
    Tank U
    Aircraft Flown
    B-757/767, MD-80, BE-400A, BE-1900, a variety of single engine
    Total Flight Time

A PPW acquaintance heard about a 757 gig that was hiring and shot me a message. I applied, and 2 days later was hired. 3 months later I was in the left seat of a 757 heading across the pond.

I see lots of technical talk on a wide variety of aviation and non aviation subjects. Using the search function will usually answer almost any question. If not, post a question and prepare for incoming!

All this and lots of back and forth banter makes the place entertaining.

There is not a lot of mud slinging like other sites. The Forum Leaders do a good job of keeping a civil environment.

I highly recommend joining PPW.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI, CFII
    Type Ratings
    BE-300, CE-560XL, CL-30, HS-125, BE-400/MU-300, DA-50 (SIC)
    Current Position
    In a seat until who knows......
    Aircraft Flown
    B350, CE-560XL, Challenger 350, Hawker, BE-400, DA-50, BE-200, BE-100, CE-441......
    Total Flight Time

Back in 2009 I was invited out to CO for a PPW get together at Chris Smith's house. I met some wonderful people at that gathering. Following that in April 2010 I was called by a PPW member that I met at Chris' house for a contract trip to the ME (sandbox) for one of his buddies. I don't think I would have gotten that call without meeting this individual at Chris' house. A PPW member (whom I met at Chris' in 2009) helped me a bit to land my current gig (after 4 years of unemployment). I had some help outside of PPW also, as I knew the lead pilot already. This certain PPW member helped facilitate the logistics with this current gig though.

I continue to meet great people because of this site while on the road. I have made some great contacts from this site, and hope to continue to make more contacts. As you never know when you get the call that your bird is for sale.

Also the wealth of knowledge that is available on this site is priceless.

Segment of Industry
    Background
    DOD-ISR, 135 Pax & Cargo, 121 Regional, 91 Corporate & Contract, Flight Instruction
    Certificates
    ATP - SEL, MEL, CFI, CFII, MEI
    Type Ratings
    CE-750, BE-300, DA-10, BA-4100, CL-65, DA-20 (SIC)
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-10 DA-20 CL-65 BA-4100 BE-300 CE-750
    Total Flight Time

Re: Has PPW helped you in some way???

I've got one interview from contacts here, but didnt get the job. I enjoy keeping up with the industry, making contacts and researching companies via the threads.

Segment of Industry
    Cargo/Passenger
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    FE, ATP, Airplane Multiengine Land, Airplane Single Engine Land & Sea, Rotorcraf
    Type Ratings
    B-747-4, CE-500, CE-680, LR-JET, MD-11
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    Cessna, Piper, Brittish Aerospace, Embraer, Mitsubishi, Lear Jet, Hawker, Gulfstream, Robinson, Sikorsky, Bell, Hughes, Beechcraft, McDonnell Douglas, Citabria, Boeing
    Total Flight Time

ProPilotWorld has been a great tool in communications within our Pilot group. It has allowed some to "vent", bring up issues, share the passings of fellow crew-members, discuss Company issues and questions. In this day and age, this tool/web site has kept up with the times.
    Many thanks to those who have donated their precious time in creating and governing this site.

Segment of Industry
    Cargo
    Background
    Both
    Certificates
    ATP MEL/Helo, Comm SEL, CFI CFII Helo, CFI Airplane
    Type Ratings
    B737, B747-400, B-757/767, CL-65, BE200, S-70
    Current Position
    B767 Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    Rally Rotec 2B, B757,B767,747-400,747-8,CL-65 CRJ, EMB-120, UH-60, UH-1, C-12D R V, U-21
    Total Flight Time

Thanks to PPW I am working for my present company. I used PPW to network and keep updated on hiring. I was notified from my PPW contact that hiring was resuming and I was able to get an interview ASAP. Now, I've got 270 plus pilots below me on the seniority list. Thanks PPW!

Segment of Industry
    Flight instruction, maintenance, ferry
    Background
    civil sort of
    Certificates
    ATP, Comm single seaplane Inst.CFI, MEI, CFII AGI, A&P IA
    Type Ratings
    SIC CE-680
    Current Position
    CFI -Crazy Flight Instructor And part time fabric and dope applicator and IA
    Aircraft Flown
    CE-441, CE-680, CE-560XL, AC-500, CE-172, BE-55-58, CE-210, S211, PA-23-250, CE-170B, 7K-CAB
    Total Flight Time

New friends, networks, interviews, and support for our non profit GIFT program. I always wear my lanyard when traveling and always looking for someone wearing theirs! And today likely have a new member joining us!

Segment of Industry
    Corp Contract Pilot
    Background
    Navy, GA, Airline, GA
    Certificates
    ATP, COM, FE
    Type Ratings
    L-188, DC-9, B-757, B-767, CE-560XL, CE-500, BE300, N265, CL604
    Current Position
    Full time on a CL-604
    Aircraft Flown
    More than I can list: including B-727, 737, 757, 767; DC-9, MD-88, King Air, CE560XL, Citation V, Bravo, Beechjet, Sabre 65, CL604
    Total Flight Time

PPW Success Stories

I was pleasantly surprised a year or so ago to receive a cold call from a management company asking if I was interested in doing some contract flying for one of their customers operating out of my home base. I'm much more used to chasing work as opposed to it coming to me unsolicited.

Long story short: I flew several times for them (including a nice summer week out of ASE) over the next year. I did not know until recently that a PPW regular ... one I had never met ... had given them my info ... apparently simply because he had seen my qualifications on a post.

Thanks again, 421 Driver.

Segment of Industry
    Major
    Background
    civilian
    Certificates
    ATP CFIA/I/M
    Type Ratings
    A-320 CE-560XL ERJ-170/190 EMB-145 SF-340
    Current Position
    El Jefe
    Aircraft Flown
    EMB-190 A-320 A-321 SF-340 CE-560XLS EMB-170 EMB-145 Things that burn 100LL
    Total Flight Time

In short, every position that I have held since I joined in 2006 has been due to PPW involvement.

In 2007 I was contacted by a member who helped me make a connection that ended up getting me an interview and full time instructing job. In a few years I advanced into center management, and I returned to PPW to seek more instructor candidates.

In 2009 I got in touch with a member who was looking for a contractor on the type that i was teaching. This resulted in a contract SIC position when his department got caught short.

In 2010 I responded to an ad posted here and began working as a consultant to a local police department. I helped them to set up an aerial enforcement unit that now flies regularly and has helped to reduce the fatal crash rate in their city.

In 2012 I contacted a member who had posted a vacancy for a management position on a new type being added to an airline fleet. He got me together with his DO, and I am 4 months into the project. In this position I have posted our vacancies to PPW, and have received many resumes in return. Several I have been able to interview and hire, and I hope to call another round shortly.

There have been many more contacts along the way that didn't result in jobs, but were all great learning experiences. It's amazing how far someone will go to help you out once you make that first contact.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate Charter
    Background
    Both
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII
    Type Ratings
    EMB-120, SA-227, DA-20F-5, EMB-145, LR-40/45/75
    Current Position
    retired
    Aircraft Flown
    EMB-110, SA-227, BE-99, EMB-120, EMB-135BJ, Falcon 20, Super Cub, AgCat, LR-45, LR-40, LR-75, CE-150, CE-120, CE-172, A188B, CE-180, AgCat,
    Total Flight Time

I have not as of yet benefitted from reading this site but I do enjoy it.

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    LRJet HS-125 DA-20 SIC
    Current Position
    Hawker 800XP/850XP
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-20 Lear Jet 35, 25 and 31 Hawker 800XP, 850XP, 800, 700, 600
    Total Flight Time

Through PPW I was able to find a job after I had been out of work for 15 months. I've been to a couple of PPW outings and met some fellow PPWers on the road. The community has been great.

Segment of Industry
    None
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI
    Current Position
    None
    Aircraft Flown
    Large and Small
    Total Flight Time

During my impending furlough from NetJets back in 2009. I was able to find a career altering job on PPW. I'm so happy and blessed to have this opportunity as a result of a simple little post on this website. Thanks PPW!!!!

Segment of Industry
    121 (for now), EMS, Corporate, Charter, Management
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII
    Type Ratings
    A320, BE-400/MU-300, HS-125, CE-500
    Current Position
    Professional button pusher
    Aircraft Flown
    KA's, BE-40/MU-30, HS-125, CE-500, da-bus
    Total Flight Time

got some advise/info in dealing with FAA from a fellow PPW'r (who happens to be FAA)

Segment of Industry
    None of the above
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    Yes
    Current Position
    Standing at my Uplift desk
    Aircraft Flown
    Many
    Total Flight Time

I was not actively seeking work till I saw an opportunity posted here, which happened to be in my area, and which I pursued-- and which has led to other good things. Along the way, many great people here have offered me invaluable encouragement and advice.

As others have noted above, the access to technical resources at PPW is, in itself, worth far more than the yearly price of admission.

If you decide to join, be a contributor. Whether you have 500 hours, or 15,000, your participation is important; it's how you build a reputation among our group -- and, while we are sometimes a dysfunctional family -- we are truly an extended family of colleagues and friends, both virtually and in Real Life.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP-MEL, CFI, FE-turbojet, A&P
    Type Ratings
    SD-3, EMB-110, F-100, B-727, B-737, B-757, B-767, B-777, G-V, GVI
    Current Position
    Contract Pilot G650, G-V/G450/G550, BBJ
    Aircraft Flown
    A bunch :)
    Total Flight Time

When I decided to walk away from my airline career to pursue corporate flying, I had a million questions and concerns since the airlines were all I really knew. Early on I was directed to PPW. I was so thrilled to have all of this experience and knowledge about corporate flying at my fingertips! Not only did I get my questions answered, but I have developed what I hope will be life long friendships in just a few short months.

My corporate aviation journey will officially start March 1st when I check in for my first full time position. (G450 in TEB) I have been truly blessed to have made such a smooth transition and I realize that. That said, I have a ton to learn and I am sure I will make mistakes along the way. I will also have a million questions. I am grateful to have the invaluable resource of PPW at my disposal. I am hopeful I will be able to pay it forward someday in any way I can.

Thank you PPW.

Segment of Industry
    Retired Truck Driver
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP-ASMEL, CFII
    Type Ratings
    G-V, G-IV, CE-500
    Current Position
    Recently unemployed Lead Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    G550, G-V, G-IV, CE-550, CE-501, PC-12, PC-6, CE-441, lots of piston singles and twins.
    Total Flight Time

I resisted an invitation from SwampFox to join PPW way back in 2006 because I was turned off by all the trolling and negativity on APC and FlightInfo. Two years later, I joined after my corporate flight department closed and I was scrambling to find contract work. In the near five years I have been a member, I have been hired for three different contract jobs; two directly because of one PPW friend, and one indirectly through another PPW'er. Just one day of one of these contracts was worth more than all my years of membership combined. Since what comes around goes around, I have also helped one fellow member get some contract work with a friend of mine, and I helped another get a full time career gig with another friend. I have made friends with quite a few PPW members, and I look forward to meeting even more of you in the future.

Aviation is all about networking, and you never know where the next job might come from. I feel truly fortunate to have made so many friends here on PPW, and I wish I would have joined earlier. It would have made my transition from mgmt employee to independent contractor much much easier. Now all I gotta do is make that transition back... Hehe.

DD

Segment of Industry
    91/135/121
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    CE-500, B-767, HS-125
    Current Position
    Chief Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    HS-125-700A, 800A, 800XP, CE-550, CE-550B, CE-560, B-767
    Total Flight Time

Re: THANKS ProPilotWorld!!!

My last two jobs have come with the help of PPW members!!! I will be a member for life. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian (Regional, Corp)
    Certificates
    FAA & PNG ATP, Gold Seal CFI-AIME, AGI/IGI, NBAA CAM & Safety Manager Certificates
    Type Ratings
    CL-30, CL-65, DA-EASY, G-V, EMB-500
    Current Position
    CL-300 & G550 PIC
    Aircraft Flown
    CRJ-200/700, CL-300, EMB-500, DA-900 EASy, G550
    Total Flight Time

Re: THANKS ProPilotWorld!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flydaddy0499 View Post
    My last two jobs have come with the help of PPW members!!! I will be a member for life. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
    Same here. I made the airline to corporate transition with my first PPW job, and with my second job I moved into a large cabin aircraft with great pay and benefits.

Segment of Industry
    91/135
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    LR-45, BD-700, G-IV, LR-JET, Bae-4100, B-757, B-767
    Current Position
    Hunkered
    Aircraft Flown
    Aerostars, DC-9's including MD-80's, L-1011's, ATR's, DHC-8's, SA-227's, and a plethora of various flying machines.
    Total Flight Time

Much thanks to PPW for the much needed help in obtaining my current BD-700 GIG. This is the first, (what I would call) REAL job for me since the demise of TWA back in 2001. Many thanks to the great people on here like Sean, Dave A, Dave W, and others who encouraged me to keep the blue side up and the levers forward!

Also many thanks to guys like Chris Smith, Ghost, Check 6 etc.

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    DA-7X, CL-30, LR-60, LR-JET (SIC)
    Current Position
    SIC
    Aircraft Flown
    Piper Cub, Twin Otter, PAC750XL, Lear Jet 35/60, Challenger 300/350, DA-7X
    Total Flight Time

Thanks to members in the PPW community I just landed an amazing job, at my current airport which will be a huge step forward in my career. Ill just have to make sure that I pay it forward as often as possible. Thanks PPW!!!! I cant wait to start training shortly for the Lear 60.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian/Military
    Certificates
    ATP, A&P
    Type Ratings
    DA-50, DA-20, DA-EASy, DA-7X, G-V
    Current Position
    Lead
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-8X, G550, G-IV, DA-7X, DA-900LX, DA-900EX, DA-900B, DA-50, DA-50EX, DA-20, F-27, BE-90, DC-3, DHC-6, CE-402, CE-207
    Total Flight Time

Good to hear some good things happening to members being helped by members. Keep the stories coming.

Segment of Industry
    charter
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII, MEI
    Type Ratings
    CE500 IA Jet
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    CE500, IA Jet
    Total Flight Time

Because of PPW, I was able to make contact with my desired employer and was hired! Not only has the networking ability been priceless but the community of aviation professionals gathered here is truly exceptional. I'm a member for life!

Segment of Industry
    Corporate, 121
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    DA-7X, CL-30, HS-125, SF-340, BA-3100, EMB-190, A-320
    Current Position
    Meh
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-7X, CL-30, HS-125 (800A,900XP), BA-3100, SF-340, CE-441, BE20, EMB-190, A-320
    Total Flight Time

Should have posted a couple months ago, but it's been busy with a new job and relocating to a new home. I started a new position recently that gets myself and my GF back to a city we want to be close to and settle down in. This opportunity was thankful to connections I've made here on PPW. Before this, I came very close to another great opportunity over the winter that was a direct result of networking on this site.

Though I've only been a PPW member for about a year, I have met several great contacts and made some good friends in that short time. I big thank you to PPW.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, Comm, CFI/CFII/MEI
    Type Ratings
    LR45, EMB-500-Single Pilot
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    LR45, EMB-500, PC-12, BE-58, TBM-700, MU-2, B200, Various single-engine trainers
    Total Flight Time

I searched daily thru the job postings on PPW for anything that I may be interested in. My situation was for something in/around Eastern PA. I first came across my new job posting 1 1/2 years ago, and applied/interviewed with them. That allowed me to stay in touch with the CP until the opening occurred, and I was hired. I've found that PPW is truly a Professional site, unlike some other message boards out there. I know that I can pose a question here, and get legit answers instead of getting flamed by people who think they are God's gift to Aviation. I can get insight into accidents, safety concerns, operations, and much more. Even though I've gotten my job, I don't plan on letting my membership expire because there is SO much more value on this site than just the jobs board. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast