LR-JET, LR-60, CL-30
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    King Air, LR35, LR60, CL30, CL35
    Total Flight Time

Re: PPW Success Stories

Quote Originally Posted by cubcaptain View Post
    Thanks to members in the PPW community I just landed an amazing job, at my current airport which will be a huge step forward in my career. Ill just have to make sure that I pay it forward as often as possible. Thanks PPW!!!! I cant wait to start training shortly for the Lear 60.
    Ramsey paid it forward and helped me get a job (via PPW) about 6 months after his hire. I recently finished type school in the Lear 60 and happy to have a good job closer to family.

Segment of Industry
    Aircraft Management
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP CFI-CFII-MEI
    Type Ratings
    BE-400/MU-300, HS-125, CL-600, G200 GV/G550
    Current Position
    Captain/Aircraft Manager
    Aircraft Flown
    BE-400A HS-125XP CL-601 G200 GV/G550
    Total Flight Time

I have hired 2 pilots from the PPW ranks.....and have received more then one contract gig from PPW, and just was offered a full time position as a result of a PPW members recommendation, I too am a member for life!!

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII, A&P
    Type Ratings
    DA-20, LR-JET, CE-560XL, B-737
    Current Position
    FO
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-20, LR-55, CE-560XL, B-737-300/700/800/MAX
    Total Flight Time

Had an interview this morning as a result of one of the MANY jobs posted on here by Chris. Not sure whether it will go my way as there are many other qualified candidates, but as we all know just getting your foot in the door for some face time can feel like its own victory.

Thanks to Chris and all the other people who make this site what it is. Fingers crossed!

Segment of Industry
    121 Cargo
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    B757, B767, CL30, CL60, CL64, LR-60, RA-390S, EMB-145
    Current Position
    First Officer
    Aircraft Flown
    B757, B767, CL30, CL600, CL604, LR-60, ERJ-145, RA390
    Total Flight Time

Thanks to Chris for posting so many jobs and making this my one-source for the job search. I finally nailed a Corporate 91 job locally! Thanks to PPW for inspiring me to keep hunting after many near-misses! Whenever people ask me where I look for jobs, I tell them here. I am living proof it pays off!!! Thanks Chris!!

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, MEII
    Type Ratings
    HS-125
    Current Position
    Chief Pilot/Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    HS-125, CE-550, BE-200, CE-441
    Total Flight Time

I proudly wear the PPW lanyard when ever I'm able to. I realize some pilots may not be able to due to uniform constraints but if you can wear it I highly recommend you do. I have been stopped by at least 10 fellow PPW members at one time or another, whether it be at recurrent training or at an FBO. Its a powerhouse networking tool in a simple lanyard. I visit the website almost daily for anything from job searches, to recommended standard practices, and answers to those tough technical questions. Its an awesome resource, and absolutely the best bang for your buck. Thanks PPW!

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian Airlines, Corporate/Charter, AirMed, and Cargo. Part 121 and 135
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI-AI
    Type Ratings
    ATR-42, ATR-72, B747-4, CE-500, CE-525S, CE-560XL, CL-65, DA-2000, DHC-8, EMB-505, G-IV
    Current Position
    DA-2000 Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    Many
    Total Flight Time

I finally found a job back home, flying a great aircraft for a great company. It was solely because of a PPW member referral that I was offered the job.

Segment of Industry
    Charter/Tour
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    Comm, CFI, CFII
    Current Position
    Charter/Tour
    Aircraft Flown
    C208 Caravan, PA34-200T, PA23, C182, C172, C152
    Total Flight Time

Cool Re: PPW Success Stories

Found my dream job, thanks to PPW! Can't thank you all enough.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    DA-2EASY, DA-2000, CE-500
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    DA-2000LXS, DA-2000LX, DA-2000EX EASy, DA-2000EX, DA-2000, CE-560U/E, CE-550, CE-501, other GA
    Total Flight Time

Having been a member since nearly PPW's creation (s/n 40 ) I've had plenty of networking opportunities. Granted, at that time I was in the 12th year at my company I never thought I'd leave. Unfortunately, the company left me due to the economy and downsizing. Solely through the PPW job board and networking, I moved on to a new job, then another.

Since joining in 2006, I've met countless members, many whom I now call personal friends, but every now and then someone I haven't met will make contact looking for information. Last fall I had a member contact me looking for information on a Falcon 2000LX. He mentioned they were likely going to look for pilots as well. We talked or emailed several times over the next two months when things seemed to go cold. However, we continued to stay in contact. January rolls around and I had all but forgotten about the job when he called and suggested I send a resume in, that they were getting ready to hire. Fifteen minutes after sending the email I had an interview lined up. The final offer came in March with an April start date.

I have received more calls and/or contacts through PPW than any other source. Personally I can say I'm blessed with a network that looks out for one another, be it professional or personal.

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    SA-227, CE-510S, CE-525S, BE-300, CL-30
    Current Position
    Random hotel/city pair
    Aircraft Flown
    jeeps and fat bikes
    Total Flight Time

The job board is an invaluable tool. Not only do you get a concise list of job openings, but people give feedback and intel on the jobs offered. Based on the information there I knew where to apply, and what jobs I should avoid. In the end, I got a corporate job flying a Citation Mustang (first jet job!). If the job and intel wasn't posted on PPW, I probably wouldn't have this new opportunity.

If your on the fence, subscribe! Even if you aren't looking for a job, the wealth of knowledge on these boards will make you a better pilot.

Segment of Industry
    media
    Background
    former Executive Editor Flying Magazine, currently contributor to Air & Space, Aviation History, etc.
    Certificates
    Comm SEL, MEL, IFR, SES, Glider
    Type Ratings
    CE-500
    Current Position
    freelance writer, Tuskegee Airmen aviation program youth mentor
    Aircraft Flown
    115+ types, SEL. SES, MEL, sailplanes
    Total Flight Time

I'm a writer for Aviation History Magazine, in this case, and I just completed a feature for them on the A-10 Warthog. When I recently asked a research-related question or two on the military forum, one respondent (That Guy is his handle) mentioned that he'd be happy to read my manuscript to check my facts. I of course took him up on it, since it was plain that he was a former A-10 pilot of considerable experience, and other members on that forum seemed to have great respect for him as an A-10 authority.

That Guy read my piece, and even though its conclusion tilted somewhat pro-F-35 as an A-10 replacement, he corrected a few of my mistakes and graciously told me that he liked the article.

I've done research on several other military forums and have always wondered if I was dealing with a 14-year-old gamer, but here, there's no such concern. Got into a minor tiff with somebody on one popular military forum. His handle was something like Killer War Dog, and his profile claimed that he'd been in half a dozen wars, been a mercenary all over the world, been decorated by everyone from the Sultan of Brunei to Queen Elizabeth, had some outrageous total of jumps, was a SEAL and lord only knows what else. I challenged him to prove just one of the things he claimed, and I did it in terms that a real warrior wouldn't have been able to turn down. Never heard from him again. Snuck back into his mommy's basement and didn't come out...

Our crowd is the real deal, and I'm honored to be a peripheral part of it.

Segment of Industry
    Airline
    Background
    Everywhere
    Certificates
    ATP/CFI/CFII/MEI
    Type Ratings
    A320, EMB-505S, CE-560XL, LR-JET, CV-LB30 (SIC)
    Current Position
    Cockpit
    Aircraft Flown
    J-3, Citabria, Super D, Pitts, Extra 300, SF-260, Yak 54, YMF-5C, PC-12, PA-31, BE-99, Lear 35, Lear 55, Citation XLS, Phenom 300, B-17, B-24, B-25, A-319, A-320, A-321NEO
    Total Flight Time

I don't even think I have been a PPW member 6 months, and 2 PPW members help me get a job, I got the good news yesterday. Thanks PPW!

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    135/121/91
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    G-IV, GVI, DA-10, DA-2000, BA-3100, EMB-145, CE-560
    Current Position
    Captain G-IV, Falcon 2000
    Aircraft Flown
    G-IV, GVI/650, Falcon 10, Falcon 2000,Cheyenne 3, Baron, BA-3100, EMB-135/145
    Total Flight Time

Congrats.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Corporate Aviation - Military experience
    Certificates
    ATP SEL / MEL, COMM SES MES, CFI AIME, A&P / IA
    Type Ratings
    DA-7X / 8X, DA EASY, DA-50, CE500
    Current Position
    Pilot - Falcon 900EX EASy Part 91 / Part 135
    Aircraft Flown
    DA 900EX EASy, DA 900LX, DA 7X, DA 2000EX EASy, CE 500
    Total Flight Time

Re: ProPilotWorld.com Success Stories

This forum is a great resource. I finally found a great corporate gig flying a Falcon 900E EASy directly from one of Chris's posts last year. I followed up on the contact information and after 4 months and 2 interviews, I left my desk job and am now flying a great aircraft in South Florida.
    Thanks to Chris and everyone else for contributing to this site.
    EASy E

Segment of Industry
    ISR & Military
    Background
    Both
    Certificates
    ATP: AMEL, ASEL, HELO; "Gold Seal" CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI, IGI
    Type Ratings
    CE-500, BE-300, BE-200
    Current Position
    DoD Contract ISR Manager & ARNG C-12 SIP/IFE/MTP
    Aircraft Flown
    FW: CE-550, BE-350ME/350ER/350/300/200/F90, PC-12/45, CE-208B // RW: AS-350B2/B3/2B1/E, H-125, BH-407/206L4/B3 // U.S. Army - FW: RC-12K/N, C-12C/D/F/R/T/U/V // U.S. Army - RW: OH-58A/C, TH-67A
    Total Flight Time

Quote Originally Posted by EASyE View Post
    This forum is a great resource. I finally found a great corporate gig flying a Falcon 900E EASy directly from one of Chris's posts last year. I followed up on the contact information and after 4 months and 2 interviews, I left my desk job and am now flying a great aircraft in South Florida.
    Thanks to Chris and everyone else for contributing to this site.
    EASy E
    Congrats Eric!

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP/CFI-CFII.
    Type Ratings
    DHC-8
    Current Position
    Clear left!
    Aircraft Flown
    C-414A, BN-2A,TBM700C2, BE9L, BE20, Q-400 plus many trainers and paragliders.
    Total Flight Time

I have been able to network into my last two jobs because of PPW and even more importantly, I've avoided several others! By getting first hand knowledge here I've been able to make strategic, informed choices about my career and that has been a true blessing. It has also been a great way to connect with others looking for information and give back. I have helped two guys get on at EagleMed and advised several others. Should I ever find myself in a position to hire pilots, you can bet I'll look here first. Top notch site! (My family also says thank you!)

Segment of Industry
    Tried 'em all
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII, MEI. Certifcate of Participation.
    Type Ratings
    B777, GV, DA-2000, HS-125, Ce-525B, IAI-1125, G-100, Ce-650, SF340
    Current Position
    Full time B777 FO, contract yoke yankin' tiller twister GVSP
    Aircraft Flown
    B777, GV, G550, Falcon Deux Mille, Astra, G100, Hawker 700, 750, 800A, 800XP, 900XP, Citation CJ2, CJ2+, CJ3, Citation III, VI, VII. Saab 340B+.
    Total Flight Time

I was going to wait until I got to Indoc next Monday but what the heck?! Last week I accepted a position flying a Hawker and hopefully soon a Falcon 2000 managed by Solairus and based right at the same FBO as my current gig. Huge thank you to PPW Member G100driver for giving me the opportunity! I know you've heard me say this before but I'd like to publicly say that I won't let you down!

If you look to the left you'll see my current position listed as "yoke yanking tiller twister". Honestly, the bird I've been flying doesn't have a tiller but my left hand is itching to again grope one while my right hand gets to grab the pigs on landing.

Now I just have to invest in some quality golf lessons so I don't make myself look too foolish in front of my new coworkers.

On a serious note; as a father of two supporting a family on a single income, I'm ecstatic to finally have a job where I can afford to both save some money and NOT survive on McDonald's while on the road!
    Last edited by garrettwoodman; 10-12-2014 at 00:24:18.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI/II
    Type Ratings
    HS-125, CE-500, CL-60
    Current Position
    Starbucks and Main
    Aircraft Flown
    HS-125 400/700/800, CE-550, CL-600/601, SW2, Warbirds
    Total Flight Time

Quote Originally Posted by garrettwoodman View Post
    I was going to wait until I got to Indoc next Monday but what the heck?! Last week I accepted a position flying a Hawker and hopefully soon a Falcon 2000 managed by Solairus and based right at the same FBO as my current gig. Huge thank you to PPW Member G100driver for giving me the opportunity! I know you've heard me say this before but I'd like to publicly say that I won't let you down!

If you look to the left you'll see my current position listed as "yoke yanking tiller twister". Honestly, the bird I've been flying doesn't have a tiller but my left hand is itching to again grope one while my right hand gets to grab the pigs on landing.

Now I just have to invest in some quality golf lessons so I don't make myself look too foolish in front of my new coworkers.

On a serious note; as a father of two supporting a family on a single income, I'm ecstatic to finally have a job where I can afford to both save some money and NOT survive on McDonald's while on the road!
    Congrats...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12