Thread: Today I am the beneficiary of paying it forward and pilots helping pilots

Segment of Industry
    121 Regional
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI-I
    Type Ratings
    CL-65
    Current Position
    Doggin
    Aircraft Flown
    Old
    Total Flight Time

Today I am the beneficiary of paying it forward and pilots helping pilots

Just today I was hired by AirNet, the company I've wanted to work for since I toured their facility 5 years earlier while still in flight school. I got my foot in the door and a HUGE step up because of a fellow propilotworld member and friend who used to work for AirNet. He handed my resume along with a great letter of recommendation to the chief pilot. It turns out that he has his current charter job because of his connections on propilotworld. So it seems I am just the most recent link in the chain of pilots helping pilots and paying it forward.

I am proof that if you work hard, and surround yourself with good people, like those on this website, you will get noticed and you will be successful.

Segment of Industry
    91/135
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    DA-50 (900EX/900B)PIC, ERJ-170/190 PIC HS-125 (SIC)
    Current Position
    Full-Time Contractor
    Aircraft Flown
    E170/E190, HS-125, DA-50 (F900EX/F900B/F50)
    Total Flight Time

Re: Today I am the beneficiary of paying it forward and pilots helping pilots

Congratulations! AirNet is a GREAT outfit. I was offered a position there last year in KSUS, but, logistically, I couldn't make it work for my family and had also just received an offer 3 days earlier to fly an Air Ambulance King Air. I felt really bad for it ,too, because I'd been trying to get in there for a WHILE…building my time and updating my résumé with Bill forever and a day. He is a good man and I hope to meet him someday and shake his hand to thank him for the opportunity. Keep your nose to the grindstone, learn your plane and you will progress with that company.

Congratulations again.

Segment of Industry
    121 Regional
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI-I
    Type Ratings
    CL-65
    Current Position
    Doggin
    Aircraft Flown
    Old
    Total Flight Time

Thanks man. Bill is definitely a good guy and it seems like the whole group of people there from the management to pilots to ramp crews are great. I'm looking forward to training and learning a ton. Good luck with the air ambulance. I hear a lot of freight guys eventually go that route.

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    EASA ATPL FAA ATPL CAAC ATPL FAA Commercial-ME-IR
    Type Ratings
    G550/450,CRJ-200/900/1000
    Current Position
    Captain
    Aircraft Flown
    G450/550 CL850 CRJ 200/900/1000
    Total Flight Time

Congrats on your new job!!

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI/II
    Type Ratings
    HS-125, CE-500, CL-60
    Current Position
    Starbucks and Main
    Aircraft Flown
    HS-125 400/700/800, CE-550, CL-600/601, SW2, Warbirds
    Total Flight Time

Well done and congrats.....