Thread: It all started with a post on ProPilotWorld.com...

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP CFI-I
    Type Ratings
    HS125
    Current Position
    Chief Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    C-208B PC-12 BE-99 HS125 BE-C90 BE-58
    Total Flight Time

It all started with a post on ProPilotWorld.com...

ProPilotWorld is hard for me to describe, I was very reluctant to join at first but an old co-worker talked me into doing it. I was immediately glad that I did join. In the end I ended up getting my dream job solely because I read the right post at the right time and acted on it. It took about 18 months for everything to fall in place, but even if I hadn't gotten the job I would still be happy with my subscription to PPW. I believe a lot of members join in search of a job, but they end up staying because of all the info that's available on the site. I've learned so much about the aviation industry just by reading thread after thread. You'll end up learning very specific things about items you've never even heard of. We have members from every corner of the world and aviation industry. From seasoned airline captains and battle hardened military guys all the way down to crop dusters and banner-towers. We don't stop there, Air Traffic Controllers and Flight Attendants make regular posts too.

The best tool on this site is to simply ask for help. Start a thread and tell people briefly about your background and where you want to end up and within 12hrs you'll have several very well thought out responses. You can ask about specific companies and there's a very good chance a current or former employee will respond with all the ins and outs, if not, then a member will surely have an old friend that did or does work there.

I could go on and on, but this is my story:

After reading a post following my $.02 on a thread I had to send a PM to the poster. Long story short after a few emails and phone calls I was called in for an interview. I didn't get the job then, but I kept in touch and decided to better myself based on feedback from the interviewers. I attempted to secure a pilot slot 2 more times each about 6 months apart from each other, but again, no dice.

Then yesterday morning while I was pre-flighting I got the call I had eagerly awaited for 18 months. I hadn't heard from the company in several months so I didn't have any warning or heads-up about what I was about to be offered. Finally, My slot as a pilot was being handed over. No more interviews or emails or phone calls, just that simple "Welcome aboard! How soon can you start training?" Embarrassingly, I didn't realize it was the PPW member that I had PM'd originally that I was on the phone with until the very end of the conversation (darn those noisy airplanes on the ramp)

After passing my multi checkride tomorrow morning I'll be headed off to sunny skies, constant tailwinds, and my first taste of that ever so sweet Jet A (hold the prist)

Segment of Industry
    91/135/121
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    CE-500, B-767, HS-125
    Current Position
    Chief Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    HS-125-700A, 800A, 800XP, CE-550, CE-550B, CE-560, B-767
    Total Flight Time

Re: It all started with a post on PPW.........

Toto- Congrats on the new gig. I was out of work for 417 days when I landed my current job through PPW. I have become good friends with the guy I fly with, I get to see the world, my boss has been above and beyond generous, and I've repaid most of my back-child support from the unemployment period. This job has been a real blessing in more ways than I can count. And I owe it all to scraping up enough cash one day to join PPW.

Brian

Segment of Industry
    Flying
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII, MEI
    Type Ratings
    HS125,G150,G280,DC9
    Current Position
    Flying
    Aircraft Flown
    Lots
    Total Flight Time

Toto Congrats! Stories like that are good to see. And congrats on the Checkride!

Care to say which company?

Segment of Industry
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP CFI-I
    Type Ratings
    HS125
    Current Position
    Chief Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    C-208B PC-12 BE-99 HS125 BE-C90 BE-58
    Total Flight Time

Thanks Brian! Congrats to you too. Sounds like you had a heck of a rough time for awhile, I'm glad you got things back on track.

xXFlyguyXx, I'd love to share what company it is, but I'm not sure what the etiquette is on that or how the company would view it. So, I better stay on the safe side for now.

Segment of Industry
    Flying
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFII, MEI
    Type Ratings
    HS125,G150,G280,DC9
    Current Position
    Flying
    Aircraft Flown
    Lots
    Total Flight Time

Np, best of luck. Sometimes there are people on here that might actually be working with ya, thats why I ask