Type Ratings
    ATR-42/72, DHC-8, ERJ-170/190, MD-11
    Current Position
    MD-11 FO
    Aircraft Flown
    C-212, ATR-42/72, ERJ-170/190, DHC-8, MD-11
    Total Flight Time

Support.

I recently had an issue with my employer that I needed advice on. ALL of the advice here on PPW was objective, supportive, open, and was truly helpful. But that pales in comparison to what happened next.

The situation turned rather poor and my employer terminated me. The rush of support from PPW members literally brought a tear to my eye.

I can't offer a better testimonial than that, nor can I imagine wanting anything else. I didn't even get flamed for somehow "lowering the bar," "not paying my dues," or "wearing a backpack."

That was some of the best $10 I have ever spent.

Dan

Segment of Industry
    Furloughed
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    COMM, CFI, MEI
    Current Position
    Desk Jockey
    Aircraft Flown
    PA-31 C-208 BE-58 DA-20 DC-9
    Total Flight Time

Re: Support.

Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    I recently had an issue with my employer that I needed advice on. ALL of the advice here on PPW was objective, supportive, open, and was truly helpful. But that pales in comparison to what happened next.

The situation turned rather poor and my employer terminated me. The rush of support from PPW members literally brought a tear to my eye.

I can't offer a better testimonial than that, nor can I imagine wanting anything else. I didn't even get flamed for somehow "lowering the bar," "not paying my dues," or "wearing a backpack."

That was some of the best $10 I have ever spent.

Dan
    What about using an Ipod in the terminal?

Just kidding, all in all, I reciprocate your statement about the willingness to help and the incredible people on this board. Whether your a CFI, Freight Dawg, Regional, Major, Fractional, Corporate, you name it, your an equal in this house.