PPW membership goes beyond the usual chat and people passing the time by conversing on the internet. I've found jobs, got support after losing jobs, made connections, learned a ton, and have passed many hours of time reading and laughing, sometimes with unexpected gut-splitting responses in threads. Those connections have a direct positive effect on aviation safety, allowing things to get done behind-the-scenes, which is how we all prefer it.

Today proved again that the piddling amount I spent on a membership is an investment with returns beyond calculation.

PPW Members (PPWers) have allowed me to play with the electronics on their aircraft, resulting in several Qref Media avionics and glass cockpit checklists, as well as several aircraft checklists. I've asked and received ideas on article content, some of which is currently included in the August 2010 issue of Flying Magazine. Some ideas appear in my Flight Instructor Notebook (PPSEL & CPSEL). And today, with the help of several PPWers providing their expertise, my forthcoming Flight Instructor Notebook (Instrument Pilot) will be far better than what I alone could achieve.

Thank you UAL78 & Falcon Capt. This is truly a great site.