For any professional pilot, whether they be a flight instructor, airline, corporate, freight, military (I have fit into all those categories at some point in my career) or any other flying/aviation professional (controllers, we need you too!), ProPilotWorld is worth a LOT more than the $10 membership fee.

I wouldn't have my new job if it wasn't for PPW. Whereas other aviation-related boards are full of trolls, trouble-makes, and other ilk, PPW has continually impressed me with the amount of caring, considerate professionals who want to genuinely help you in your aviation endeavors. The knowledge base is vast, and the networking is second-to-none.

The following is a repost of my announcement in the 'YESSSSSSSSSSSS' forum here on PPW concerning my new position that is a direct result of the help, advice, word-of-mouth recommendation and support I received from some fellow PPW members. The names have not been changed to show my appreciation for this great group of folks:

Just wanted to share with everyone - I have accepted a position with a company that is near the top of the Fortune 500 list.

Starting off as a Citation II SIC, 6 months down the road is CL-601 school. Type rated in both right off the bat.

Pay and benefits are all above average to outstanding - and only get better over the long run.

I'd like to thank Empennage, Falcon Captain, Gulfstream 200, AA717driver, 750driver, HMR, English, GVFlyer, g159av8tor, g100driver, H25B, Rice, Airboss1998, and anyone else whom I may have forgotten. Did I mention I wanted to thank Empennage? He was pretty much the reason why I got a shot at the gig.

This is something my family and I have REALLY needed. PPW is the best, everyone's comments, help and support have been HUGE.

I'll be based out of MMU/Morristown, NJ, so if you're going to be in the vicinity, let me know so I can invite you over for a beverage.

Thanks again folks...the professionals I have spoken with on here make me proud to be part of the aviation community.

- TG