Thread: 3 of 4 post-military jobs came as a result of ProPilotWorld.com contacts

Segment of Industry
    training
    Background
    retired Air Force; part 91/135 since then
    Certificates
    ATP, MEI
    Type Ratings
    DA-50, BE-400, L-382 (C-130)
    Current Position
    Sim instructor
    Aircraft Flown
    Falcon 900B/EX, Falcon 50, BE 400, T-1A, M/HC-130P, C-27/G222, T-37, T-38
    Total Flight Time

3 of 4 post-military jobs came as a result of ProPilotWorld.com contacts

ProPilotWorld.com is an amazing resource of aviation knowledge, networking opportunities, job postings, and recommendations.

I joined ProPilotWorld.com in 2013, about a year or so ahead of my Air Force retirement. I learned a LOT while I was researching options, especially about business aviation... The hiring wave at the majors hadn't started yet, so ProPilotWorld.com (PPW) was a great resource to learn about this other part of the industry. After I got my first steady post-military gig (which loosely resulted from a PPW contact), I had been seeing regular posts about the monthly "DEN beer call", and I thought "wow, that's cool that some of these guys do this." Eventually I relocated to Denver for another opportunity, with the added benefit of getting to join the Denver beer calls near Centennial Airport.

Information in the ProPilotWorld.com job postings forum led me to an opportunity to teach at CAE in Dallas, where I was placed in the Falcon 900 program (and received a new type rating). Eric, an instructor there, had posted information about the company and the working conditions, and after some PMs and phone calls to learn more, I had an internal recommendation to go along with my job application. Eric even met me the day of my interview, chatted over a cup of coffee, showed me around the building, and just made me feel welcome.

During my time at CAE I maintained contact with my network connections in Denver, which eventually led to an an internal recommendation for an upcoming opening in a Falcon 900 there. So I'm returning to Denver for a pretty sweet gig... and once again, I'm looking forward to joining the monthly DEN beer calls!

ProPilotWorld.com is just a fantastic community of Pilots Helping Pilots!!

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    EASA ATPL
    Type Ratings
    BBD-700, B-737
    Current Position
    Rookie
    Aircraft Flown
    BBD-700, B-737
    Total Flight Time

Re: 3 of 4 post-military jobs came as a result of ProPilotWorld.com contacts

It's good to read such news during this crazy times

Enjoy flying the Falcon

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, Comm, CFI
    Type Ratings
    GVII, GVI, G-V, LR-45, LR-JET
    Current Position
    Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    Learjet Gulfstream
    Total Flight Time

Re: 3 of 4 post-military jobs came as a result of ProPilotWorld.com contacts

Quote Originally Posted by Mox Nix View Post
    ProPilotWorld.com is an amazing resource of aviation knowledge, networking opportunities, job postings, and recommendations.
    Awesome, Dave! I love reading posts like this.

Good luck with the next chapter of your career.