PDA

View Full Version : Pilots that actually help pilots....

DanS
11-03-2011, 20:57:50
I was looking for a magazine that was proving to be rather elusive, and that held a good bit of personal meaning for myself in it (in that, my work--not related to flying--graced the cover). I ended up finding it locally, but in the intervening few days, a PPW member, whom I have never met saw some in a bookstore, purchased a few copies, and mailed them to me.

That is above and beyond a very cool thing to do. While many of the testimonials here are about finding new jobs, or information on jobs, this is the community here, and the attitude towards others that is the rule. Thanks Bob!

Dan

Mitragorz
11-03-2011, 21:04:07
That's great! I've only been a member for a few days, but this place definitely has a "homey" feeling you don't see on many forums. I wish I had found this place sooner!

gigimacmurray
11-03-2011, 22:30:29
That's a nice story Dan. I always say "pay it forward". If I can find or do something to help someone and expect nothing in return, I will be rewarded at another time.

IronManNDFW
11-04-2011, 09:47:51
Hey Dan I'm glad that you recieved them..
Bob

CitationPilot
11-05-2011, 05:37:25
you will find a lot of guys on here who will go out of their way to help PPW members.

Magneto
12-08-2011, 23:26:56
I'd also like to give a special shout out, and say thanks to PPW member "Lloyd Christmas"!!!!! He has tried several times to help me land a job and most recently put in a call to a local flight department on my behalf. For a guy that doesn't owe me anything, he's really gone the extra mile to help out. Many thanks!! Great guy!!