PDA

View Full Version : I’m glad I didn’t cancel my subscription!

PvtJetDriver
08-14-2021, 19:15:35
Two years ago I was in a rough spot. Fed up and frustrated, I messaged the Admin saying I wanted to cancel my subscription because I felt like there was nothing for a low time pilot on this site. Admin agreed to cancel my subscription but strongly urged me to reconsider. A month or two passed by things were getting a bit better and I decided to keep my subscription.

Fast forward to 2021, I’m flying a ton of hours a month building great time at a job I truly enjoy.

Out of nowhere, someone I connected with some time ago sends me an email about (what I didn’t know at the time) a monumental job opportunity in my hometown and said they think I should apply. I send them my resume, they pass it on to the folks in charge.

Since I finally found that great time builder, There were doubts and uncertainties about even applying. So I decided to consult the brain trust of PPW’s “Career Advice” Forum.

I briefly explain that there’s a unicorn job opportunity that’s presenting itself FAR earlier in my career than anticipated but I’m hesitant because I wanted to continue paying my dues. “What would you do if it were you?”

After posting, I received an OVERWHELMING amount of positive and encouraging responses from folks with all sorts of backgrounds telling me to go for it and that these opportunities only come around once.

With those positive affirmations in my back pocket, I go for it. I apply, I interview and I get it!!! I got the freaking unicorn job!!! An absolutely life changing opportunity with a very prestigious flight department and working with a phenomenal group of professionals.

Had I canceled my subscription here, I probably would not have had the courage to just go for it. I’m VERY happy I decided to keep my membership. It definitely paid it off....literally lol

I can’t express how valuable that thread was for me and I’m glad this forum exists. Whether you’re super high time, or super low time, there is something EVERYONE can benefit from by being a PPW Member.

Big Thanks to the ProPilotWorld Community!!! You guys are the best!

jeff4912
08-19-2021, 15:33:14
Good for you! That’s awesome :thumbup:

Cardigan
03-15-2023, 14:47:40
Good story, and congratulations!

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-19-2023, 20:01:44
Now, that’s a testimonial!

AA717driver
03-28-2023, 05:29:04
I’ve seen memberships here pay off so many times, it’s the first place I recommend for people in the corporate end of the business. Way more valuable than any other job site or message board.

Congrats!