PDA

View Full Version : 3 of 4 post-military jobs came as a result of ProPilotWorld.com contacts

Mox Nix
01-25-2021, 21:33:09
ProPilotWorld.com is an amazing resource of aviation knowledge, networking opportunities, job postings, and recommendations.

I joined ProPilotWorld.com in 2013, about a year or so ahead of my Air Force retirement. I learned a LOT while I was researching options, especially about business aviation... The hiring wave at the majors hadn't started yet, so ProPilotWorld.com (PPW) was a great resource to learn about this other part of the industry. After I got my first steady post-military gig (which loosely resulted from a PPW contact), I had been seeing regular posts about the monthly "DEN beer call", and I thought "wow, that's cool that some of these guys do this." Eventually I relocated to Denver for another opportunity, with the added benefit of getting to join the Denver beer calls near Centennial Airport.

Information in the ProPilotWorld.com job postings forum led me to an opportunity to teach at CAE in Dallas, where I was placed in the Falcon 900 program (and received a new type rating). Eric, an instructor there, had posted information about the company and the working conditions, and after some PMs and phone calls to learn more, I had an internal recommendation to go along with my job application. Eric even met me the day of my interview, chatted over a cup of coffee, showed me around the building, and just made me feel welcome.

During my time at CAE I maintained contact with my network connections in Denver, which eventually led to an an internal recommendation for an upcoming opening in a Falcon 900 there. So I'm returning to Denver for a pretty sweet gig... and once again, I'm looking forward to joining the monthly DEN beer calls! :cheers:

ProPilotWorld.com is just a fantastic community of Pilots Helping Pilots!! :thumbup:

Abruzzi
01-26-2021, 15:47:07
It's good to read such news during this crazy times :)

Enjoy flying the Falcon :cheers:

pilot303
01-27-2021, 09:18:18
ProPilotWorld.com is an amazing resource of aviation knowledge, networking opportunities, job postings, and recommendations.

Awesome, Dave! I love reading posts like this.

Good luck with the next chapter of your career.