PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed to employed in hours thanks to ProPilotWorld.com!

KingAirDriver
08-14-2020, 21:02:33
I, like too many others, suddenly found myself a victim of COVID downsizing last month. I was at, what I thought was, an incredibly stable flight department - immune to the virus. As soon as I received the news, I began reaching out to friends, and contacts I had made through ProPilotWorld.com.

One call was to a friend, and member here, that I had met several years ago when a group of us PPWers got together for some drinks one night. He listened to my dilemma and said he would keep his ears open. A short while later I received a text from him! He had bumped into someone that was looking for a pilot. Within hours of losing my job, I had an interview for that following day...and that interview led to an offer just a few days later!

Had it not been for the amazing networking abilities and wonderful group of members here, I would very likely still be without a job and means to support my family. Whenever anyone asks me some aviation-related questions that I don't know the answers to, this is always the place I point them too. There's a wealth of knowledge here, but the real value is in the friends and connections you make along the way! :thumbup:

USN2Corp
08-20-2020, 14:50:22
That's a great story and great news. Congrats!

aa010175
09-27-2020, 20:08:08
Truly nice story!