PDA

View Full Version : G-IV Type Rating

flybdavis1999
02-05-2018, 00:39:36
I just passed my Gulfstream G-IV type rating checkride at CAE DFW. I will say the staff and instructors at CAE are very pleasant and professional. The sim needs some MX. It was one of more challenging type rating courses to get through. I got the flu after sim 1 and took a few days off to recover. I returned to sim training after I wasn’t contagious but still not feeling so good. My sim partner who didn’t have a lot of experience was behind the power curve. Many times I felt like I was operating the sim single pilot. But I’m glad it’s over. New type rating in my pocket. I get to go home tomorrow to my family and get some house projects done. Kudos to CAE for their professionalism. Huge word of gratitude to my employer for their support. Especially when I was sick with the flu. Other than the sim at CAE needing some TLC I have one more complaint.....

I didn’t learn the secret Gulfstream handshake....:001_tt2:

aa010175
02-05-2018, 09:26:46
Congrats on the type! Now on the handshake when you learn it please tell me as my new company promised to move me to the Gulfstream next year! ��

Hawkrider
02-05-2018, 15:44:18
Congrats. Decent type to have. Been about 10 years since I've been to CAE but they had a good 900 sim back in the day.

Oh the secret shake isn't really a handshake. It's more just a raised middle finger.

flybdavis1999
02-06-2018, 07:54:25
Congrats on the type! Now on the handshake when you learn it please tell me as my new company promised to move me to the Gulfstream next year! ��

Thanks. I’ll pay it forward once I learn it.

flybdavis1999
02-06-2018, 07:55:31
Congrats. Decent type to have. Been about 10 years since I've been to CAE but they had a good 900 sim back in the day.

Oh the secret shake isn't really a handshake. It's more just a raised middle finger.

Haha!!! Living in the greater DC area I’ve learned that by dealing with the drivers around the area.

bjelder
02-06-2018, 21:13:40
Congrats man! Hopefully you at least got the jacket