GWOT Veteran, 135 Cargo, 121, 135 Corporate, 91 Corporate
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    GIV, LEAR60, ERJ170/190, E135/145,
    Current Position
    GIV Contract
    Aircraft Flown
    GIV, LINEAGE 1000, E175, E135/145, LEAR60, BE99, C180/185, C206/207,C400, CJ6, DHC3T, PA31, PA32, P51, SR20, SR22, SW3, T6,
    Total Flight Time

Thumbs up Paying it Forward

After spending a season flying the bush in Alaska, I had made the decision to pursue other opportunities in the lower 48. After receiving a loosely tentative offer, I quickly liquidated my life that was Alaska and made the move. Much to my chagrin, upon arrival in Texas, things "went in a different direction" without notice.

After weeks of looking for work, I came to PPW as an almost last ditch effort to save me from a life of waiting tables to make ends meet. In hindsight, it was probably the first thing that I should have done. Within minutes of posting, I received a PM that led to a viable contact and a contact job flying Merlins and a LJ35.

The PM came from someone whom I didn't know. We had never met. Just someone who offered to put his name out there to help a fellow aviator.

This site WORKS. The money spent is an investment in relationships, and we all know that the only way to succeed in aviation is to network network and network. A little luck helps too, but I would never credit my break to luck. I would credit it to networking here, and meeting someone who was willing to pay it forward.

Thanks Mark and everyone who makes PPW WORK!

Segment of Industry
    91/135/121
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP
    Type Ratings
    CE-525S, EMB-145, EMB-500, EMB-505, CL-65, LR-JET
    Current Position
    Comfortably seated....
    Aircraft Flown
    EMB-145, EMB-500, EMB-505, CE-525S, CL-65, LR-35A, BE-9L, BN-2A
    Total Flight Time

Re: Paying it Forward

It truly is a great forum with a great group of people. I owe everything in the past year and a half to the people I have met on here.

Derek

Segment of Industry
    corporate
    Background
    Business/ Alaska back country/ A&P/ Corporate/ Training
    Certificates
    A&P, CFI, CFII, Comm-Multi
    Current Position
    Business, Director of Safety, Airpark Manager, Company Pilot
    Aircraft Flown
    PC-12, King Air 200, C-421/414, Ag-Wagon, Super Cubs and other low & slow birds
    Total Flight Time

Re: Paying it Forward

Photogflyer I couldn't agree more! The culture of reciprocal relationships is incredible and everyone here has benefited from each other's generosity. I thought the term "lower 48" to Alaskans is "lesser 48"?