Thread: How PROPILOTWORLD.com saved my ASS!

Segment of Industry
    Corporate
    Background
    Civilian
    Certificates
    ATP, CFI-AIM, AGI
    Type Ratings
    CE-500, DA-20, DA-50, G-IV, G-V
    Current Position
    Sr. Captain - G550 & DA-50EX
    Aircraft Flown
    Gulfstream G550/G450/G-IV; Falcon 50EX/900EX/20; DC-9; Citation I/II; King Air C90/F90/200
    Total Flight Time

How PROPILOTWORLD.com saved my ASS!

Hello All,

This site is not only entertaining. The other day I found a great thread which ended up helping me out of a jam!

I had a trip to several cities in Europe. Before our trip, I checked to make sure we had all of our enroute charts....looked good. However, when I went to pull out my Europe 1/2 High chart while we were in the air, I realized that in its place was the Europe 1/2 Planning Chart. Someone accidentally replaced the High Chart with the Planning Chart and I didn't catch it. Our first stop was Sweden, which we got by without the 1/2 chart. But our next leg was going to require it. So, I was kinda at a loss.

That night I was in my hotel room on ProPilotWorld.com and I stumbled across a thread on the INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS Forum. I found a thread called: "Internet Resouces for International Flight" There was a link to this site:

DOD Worldwide Enroute Charts

I was saved!!!! So, I went to the site, found the map I needed (which was a PDF). Saved it to my Flash Drive. The next day, I copied it to our EFB on the airplane and I was good to go!!!!! It worked really well.

Thanks for a great website.....You saved my ass!

JetPilot500
    Last edited by JetPilot500; 06-26-2006 at 21:25:55.