PDA

View Full Version : Paying it Forward

PhotogFlyer
02-17-2014, 09:49:50
After spending a season flying the bush in Alaska, I had made the decision to pursue other opportunities in the lower 48. After receiving a loosely tentative offer, I quickly liquidated my life that was Alaska and made the move. Much to my chagrin, upon arrival in Texas, things "went in a different direction" without notice.

After weeks of looking for work, I came to PPW as an almost last ditch effort to save me from a life of waiting tables to make ends meet. In hindsight, it was probably the first thing that I should have done. Within minutes of posting, I received a PM that led to a viable contact and a contact job flying Merlins and a LJ35.

The PM came from someone whom I didn't know. We had never met. Just someone who offered to put his name out there to help a fellow aviator.

This site WORKS. The money spent is an investment in relationships, and we all know that the only way to succeed in aviation is to network network and network. A little luck helps too, but I would never credit my break to luck. I would credit it to networking here, and meeting someone who was willing to pay it forward.

Thanks Mark and everyone who makes PPW WORK!

Dhood84
02-17-2014, 11:59:09
It truly is a great forum with a great group of people. I owe everything in the past year and a half to the people I have met on here.

Derek

NW Born to fly
02-21-2014, 16:10:05
Photogflyer I couldn't agree more! The culture of reciprocal relationships is incredible and everyone here has benefited from each other's generosity. I thought the term "lower 48" to Alaskans is "lesser 48"?