PDA

View Full Version : Helped me reach my ultimate goal...

FR8DOG440
03-07-2012, 10:23:29
After 6 years of flying turboprops primarily conducting freight and EMS ops, I've finally reached the jet age by starting my new position as a Lear 60 SIC. This has been my ultimate goal since starting flight school 12 long years ago and I can't tell you how excited I am about this opportunity.

Most importantly, this opportunity is a direct result from the networking I was able to achieve from Pro Pilot World. According to the qualifications posted on a major aviation job website for this job, I stood no chance against other applicants. But by sending a couple PM's to a fellow PPW member, who is in management at the company in question, I was able to interview and given a shot with no significant jet experience. So those of you guys/gals just like me with 1700+ hours of mighty Van time, it's not the end of the road.

Furthermore, when you attend company indoc training and find out every other person is a PPW member as well, it just reinforces the fact this site is an invaluable resource. I'm looking forward to the next PPW gathering in my area and matching faces with screen names.

I truly believe this industry is finally turning around and this site will undoubtedly help many others just like me. I encourage all interested pilots to join this community and see for yourself.

j2riley
03-07-2012, 11:39:19
Awesome news. Congrats!

Jim

patricktwhite
03-07-2012, 13:09:02
great news!!

IronManNDFW
03-16-2012, 08:07:22
It just shows how good people will help each other.

Congrats to both you and the manager!