PDA

View Full Version : PPW saved my christmas! Thank Jeff.

Photoflight
12-09-2006, 00:00:23
A public thanks goes out to USER997 for helping me out this year. I was informed a couple of weeks ago that my company was closing down my base and that I'd be out of a job effective Dec. 1st. After using all my contacts I didn't get so much as a thanks but no thanks letter. I seriously must have sent out 2 dozen resumes in the month prior to me being out of work. I logged on to PPW one day and saw a job posting for King Air 90 captains flying air ambulance. I also saw the same posting on climbto350. By the time I had pm'd Jeff(User997) the ad had been taken off the public posting board because of an overwhelming number of applicants. Jeff gave me the info on the company and an email address to there C.P. He even went so far as to point my resume out to the CP. After two phone interviews I was invited to go to Wichita for a personal interview and after a couple hours I was offered the position. So I'm out of 402's and into King Air's. I'm excited to have a job that's not only pays me more, has better benefits, and lets me log some of that turbine PIC time. I'm really excited to have found a job that I think will give me a sense of purpose in flying.

So if your flying over the mid-west and you hear someone with a Texas drawl say life-flight...get outta the way cause theres a new king air pilot/former freight dog headin your way!

Falcon Capt
12-09-2006, 04:46:29
Congrats PhotoFlight!!! :beer:

That is AWESOME news and truely demonstrates the community spirit at PPW!!!

:2thumbup: :2thumbup: :2thumbup:

81Horse
12-09-2006, 09:38:19
Congratulations and happy holidays, Mike!

User997 -- :thumbup:

Charlie_Foxtrot
12-09-2006, 13:32:48
A public thanks goes out to USER997 for helping me out this year. I was informed a couple of weeks ago that my company was closing down my base and that I'd be out of a job effective Dec. 1st. After using all my contacts I didn't get so much as a thanks but no thanks letter. I seriously must have sent out 2 dozen resumes in the month prior to me being out of work. I logged on to PPW one day and saw a job posting for King Air 90 captains flying air ambulance. I also saw the same posting on climbto350. By the time I had pm'd Jeff(User997) the ad had been taken off the public posting board because of an overwhelming number of applicants. Jeff gave me the info on the company and an email address to there C.P. He even went so far as to point my resume out to the CP. After two phone interviews I was invited to go to Wichita for a personal interview and after a couple hours I was offered the position. So I'm out of 402's and into King Air's. I'm excited to have a job that's not only pays me more, has better benefits, and lets me log some of that turbine PIC time. I'm really excited to have found a job that I think will give me a sense of purpose in flying.

So if your flying over the mid-west and you hear someone with a Texas drawl say life-flight...get outta the way cause theres a new king air pilot/former freight dog headin your way!

Congrats man.......seems like a good gig!!!!:thumbup:

Flechas
12-09-2006, 14:03:58
Congrats on the new job!

And good on abUser's side, he is a great guy!

TIS
12-09-2006, 14:17:10
Now THAT'S what I'M talkin' about!

Congratulations!

TIS

Agent 99
12-09-2006, 17:02:49
Photoflight and User997, this story is absolutely wonderful to hear!

Lostdog65
12-09-2006, 22:22:00
Way Cool! Another former freight dawg makes good in the air ambulance business! Congrats my friend! I'll be in ICT prboably next Oct for recurrent...if you're close...beers and steaks on me!

Eric

LJDRVR
12-10-2006, 17:54:57
You survived! Congratulations! Enjoy the turbine equipment, you're gonna love it.

U-I pilot
12-10-2006, 23:37:51
Congrats!:w00t::clap::2thumbup:

UAL78
12-11-2006, 16:01:45
Congratulations!

This kind of story highlights exactly why we started ProPilotWorld- Pilots helping pilots!

This sort of stuff makes it all worthwhile!

2000Flyer
12-13-2006, 04:00:16
Congratulations!

This kind of story highlights exactly why we started ProPilotWorld- Pilots helping pilots!

This sort of stuff makes it all worthwhile!

No one could have said it better!

:2thumbup:

mcjohn
12-13-2006, 16:58:28
I flew into Liberal not to long ago and met Jeff. Good guy. That's awesome that he pointed your resume out. He dropped me a PM to let me know about that job before it ever got posted anywhere. Unfortunately I couldn't talk my wife into a move from Asheville NC to Liberal KS and would not be able to pull it off in time even if she was down with it. Such a great way to get turbine PIC. If I remember correctly I think you can log PIC from the right seat of a BE90. I'm jealous. Congrats!

I'm curious about the 402 company that canned your base. I'm looking to pay my dues flying a 402 for Ram Air as soon as I get the 135 mins. I hope that wasn't them that had the TX base. If you don't mind let me know who it was so I can steer clear of any shrinking companies.

BTW, Photoflight.....I LOVE your avatar!

User997
12-14-2006, 06:45:44
Thanks for the kind post Photoflight. I'm really happy that everything worked out for you getting the job!

I've had the privelage of meeting Photoflight a couple times since he's started training with our company, and I have no doubt he's going to fit in nicely with this company. I look forward to being able to fly with him in the future.

On a side note, PPW's Job Forum was responsible for me finding this current job as well. UAL and Falc, you should be trying to hit up my company for a finders-fee!
:beer:

English
12-14-2006, 09:38:00
User997, what a nice thing to do!